Discover Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Location
- Chiang mai is the principal city of Northern Thailand
- Chiang Mai means ''New City''
- Located about 700 km North of Bangkok
- Also known as the '' Rose Of The North''
- The province of Chiang Mai is the second largest province in Thailand
Brief History Of Chiang Mai
- Founded in 1296 by King Mengrai as the capital of the Lanna Kingdom
- The people still keep hold of their own dialect, customs and cuisine
- Regarded as the unofficial capital of Northern Thailand
Culture Of Chiang Mai And The North
- Holds on to aspects of ancient Lanna culture like wood carving, umbrella making and the old styled wooden
- People speak a language known as Kham Muang which is also known as Northern Thai or Lanna, however
Standard Thai or as it is often referred to Central Thai is used in the education systems and understood by all.
- English is used in the travel business, such as in hotels and travel related business.
Business Interets In Chiang Mai
- Well established city for handcrafted products, umbrellas, jewelry and wood carvings, pottery, silk and cotton
Why People Go To Chiang Mai
- To visit the beautiful natural surroundings and environment
- To experience the Northern culture and traditions
- To be in the company of pleasant people.
- A favourite spot to live for foreigners as Chiang Mai has been rated as one of the top ten livable cities in Asia.
- Nice climate, being slightly cooler all the year round
- An affordable place to visit and to live.
- The laid back and pleasant attitude of the Northern people.
Attractions And Highlights Of Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai has over 300 Buddhist temples, Chiang Mai National Museum, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai Zoo,
National Parks, Khantoke Dining, Orchid Nurseries, Doi Suthep Temple, Elephant Conservation and Training Centre,
Doi Inthanon National Park, Treking, Cycling and Mountain Biking, Rafting, Bungy Jumping, HillTribes, Delicious
Northern Food, Markets, Marvellous Used Book shops, Nightlife, Shopping and Night Shopping, Spas, Health And
Wellness courses, Thai Cookery Courses, Traditional Ancient Thai Massage Courses. Waterfalls, Butterfly Farms,
LannaCome Spa In Chiang Mai
Lanna Come Spa recreates the magic
of Lanna within their charming spa
upholding the traditions and cultures of
the ancient Lanna, it is said that if you
want to view ancient Lanna as it really
was you should visit Sib Song Panna
(สิบสองปันนา) or (Xishuangbanna in the
Chinese language) to eat Lanna food,
see the big wooden houses and
sample real Lanna lifestyle.
Please click on the blue highlighted title on the right for full articles and click
on the blue highlighted title under the photos to visit websites.
Lovely Guest House In Chiang Mai
Having stayed at the Baan Pim
Guesthouse in Chiang Mai on several
occasions I have found that as well as
it being a very lovely guesthouse, it is
also in a very convenient location with
easy access to everything you could
possibly need. It is situated near to the
moated old city of Chiang Mai that still
holds on to traces of the past.
The Health Benefits Of A Thai Health
Continuing with the theme of my ”
walkabouts” and checking out things
that are traditionally Thai I booked a
three-hour spa package at Vanalee
Spa in Chiang Mai. Vanalee Spa is on
Sirimangklajarn road just off the main
Nimmanhaemin road in a very nice
area of Chiang Mai. In fact the area
plays host to a few of my favourite
stopping off points.
Health, Longevity And Wellbeing In
For those people looking for a health
and wellbeing break or perhaps a kick-
start to a more holistic lifestyle in
general then Chiang Mai, Thailand is
definitely the place to go. Chiang Mai
is full of activities from the world of
Asian healing arts and although they
are located in Chiang Mai, Thailand,
the majority did not originate from
Thailand. Here is a brief run down on
what you can find and only just barely
touching on the benefits of these
Walking Street Market
End of Kantoke Evening and
time for all to show
Traditional Thai dancing
Chiang Mai: 5 Top Tips For A Visit Part
One fantastic breakfast venue fot Thai
and western food, the best place for
an evening meal with the finest Thai
yellow curry known as Gang Gari, a
superb traditional family guest house
for a great stay, a rejuvenating spa for
all your pampering needs and a
cracking gym and swimming pool
combination along Huay Kaew road.
Chiang Mai: 5 Top Tips For A Visit Part
In part two of a visit to Chiang Mai, we
look at a fantastic local market, a bar
and restaurant with superb food and
music, a health resort with just about
everything, Thailand’s highest point
and beautiful national park and an
evening of traditional Northern Thai
cuisine and dance set back in the
ancient Lanna kingdom days.
SIGN UP FOR THE LATEST
1) Related to travel in and
2) Related to Thai Food and
Thai Gourmet Caterers.
3) Related to Thai Language
4) Related to Lifestyle
Design from Thailand and
Just drop a line indicating
the free newsletter or
newsletters you would like
to receive and send to
om including your name
and e-mail address.
We 100 percent will never
give out your
email address to anybody
Or why not sign up to
receive the weekly blog